ant-user mailing list archives

From Knuplesch, Jürgen <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: How to turn off the warnings during ant build?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 14:30:26 GMT
Just add the javac options that reduce the javac warnings into your javac task.
This javac who tells you whats wrong, not Ant himself.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: xsli2 [mailto:xsli2@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. April 2012 15:23
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: How to turn off the warnings during ant build?

Hi:

When I run ant, a lot of warnings are printed out on the screen. It is very daunting. It makes
new people to feel, as first response, this is broken.
But actually, the build is successful. I pasted a few warning messages below. In our real
code, there are hundreds of them.

    [javac] /abc/efg/MyTools.java:125: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to add(E) as a
member of the raw type java.util.List
    [javac]             recursiveDirectoriesToBuild.add(workingDir);
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac] /abc/efg/MyTools.java:212: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to Vector(java.util.Collection<?
extends E>) as a member of the raw type java.util.Vector
    [javac]             return new Vector(v2);

I know one solution, the basic solution, is to going to the code and use Java Annotation feature
to add "Ignore Warning etc" at those places. But there are so many places and the code were
written by different people. We don't want to modify the code! I am wondering if ant has a
feature to turn off the warning messages.

This is my ant script to build:
	<target name="compile" depends="prepare">
		<javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${build.dir}" compiler="modern"
fork="yes" debug="on">
			<classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
			<compilerarg value="-Xlint"/>
		</javac>
	</target>

To be honest, I do not know the feature "-Xlint" etc.

Thank you very much.