ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fetzer <elstonk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mail Task
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:11:43 GMT
The email address no longer exists.  For some reason it won't even try to send the email.
Even the valid addresses don't get sent to.

On Mar 27, 2012, at 7:44 PM, Vimil Saju <vimilsaju@yahoo.com> wrote:

> By invalid do you mean the format of the email-address is invalid or that the email-address
no longer exists? If the email address doesn't exist should'nt the sender get back a bounced
email notification?

> ________________________________

when they become invalid and don't notice that the mails stop being sent...  Next thing I
know, users are uninformed of prod deploys coming and I have to figure out which addresses
are invalid to fix it.

> On Mar 27, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Joe Attardi <joe@attardi.net> wrote:
>
>> What's the point of sending email to an invalid address? :)
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Eric Fetzer <elstonkers@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I'm having the mail task fail if the tolist or cclist have ANY invalid addresses.
>>
>>       [mail] Sending email: My Subject
>>       [mail] Failed to send email: Invalid Addresses
>>
>> I'm running 1.7.0 and here's the code:
>>
>>                 <mail mailhost="${mail.server}" failonerror="false" mailport="25"
from="${mail.from.address}" tolist="${email.users}" cclist="${email.cc}" subject="My Subject">
>>                   <message>This is my message.</message>
>>                 </mail>
>>
>> Anyone have any idea how to allow invalid email addresses in the tolist or cclist?
 I would have thought setting failonerror to false would have done it, but that just allows
the build to continue after it fails to send any...