ant-user mailing list archives

From Rhino <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Source code question
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:08:00 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to track down some good quality Java source code that
illustrates good techniques for logging and error handling. I've been
told that Ant is particularly good in this regard.

I just downloaded the 1.8.3 source but there's a lot of code there. In
the interest of saving myself some time, can anyone point me to the
folders and classes that best illustrate good error handling and logging
techniques?

My definition of "good" in this sense is that the messages are clear and
helpful for people using Ant, including developers but also
administrators and operators where applicable.

I'm not trying to learn all of Ant or become an Ant developer. I'm
really just looking for professional quality coding techniques that I
can imitate in my own code.

I hope someone here can help.