ant-user mailing list archives

From Rhino <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Compiler Versionl question
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:27:03 GMT
I'm getting several messages like this when doing an javac task using
Ant 1.8.2 in Eclipse 3.7. I'm running on Windows XP SP3 and my source
value is set to 1.6.

  [javac] warning: c:\eclipse\workspace\Foo\bin\com\example\Foo.class:
major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported
by this compiler.
        [javac] It is recommended that the compiler be upgraded.

Am I right in believing that I need to upgrade the Ant version in
Eclipse to resolve this problem? If that's not the correct resolution,
what should I do? I tried changing the source value to 1.7 but that
didn't work.

I haven't done much with Ant in the last year or two so my memory is a
bit foggy on how to handle this issue....
--
Rhino