ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fetzer <elstonk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mail Task
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:24:15 GMT
The point isn't to send the email to the invalid address.  It's that I'm not informed when
they become invalid and don't notice that the mails stop being sent...  Next thing I know,
users are uninformed of prod deploys coming and I have to figure out which addresses are invalid
to fix it.

On Mar 27, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Joe Attardi <joe@attardi.net> wrote:

> What's the point of sending email to an invalid address? :)
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Eric Fetzer <elstonkers@yahoo.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm having the mail task fail if the tolist or cclist have ANY invalid addresses.
>
>      [mail] Sending email: My Subject
>      [mail] Failed to send email: Invalid Addresses
>
> I'm running 1.7.0 and here's the code:
>
>                <mail mailhost="${mail.server}" failonerror="false" mailport="25" from="${mail.from.address}"
tolist="${email.users}" cclist="${email.cc}" subject="My Subject">
>                  <message>This is my message.</message>
>                </mail>
>
> Anyone have any idea how to allow invalid email addresses in the tolist or cclist?  I
would have thought setting failonerror to false would have done it, but that just allows the
build to continue after it fails to send any...