ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steele, Richard" <r...@steelezone.net>
Subject Re: Feature request: if/unless on command line arguments
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:27:24 GMT
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com>wrote:

> >>  From: "Steele, Richard" <rich@steelezone.net>
> >> I think it would be convenient to have command-line arguments take
> optional
> >> if/unless attributes that work much like those on targets.
>
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Vimil Saju <vimilsaju@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Can't you use the if task from ant-contrib?
>
> Not "inside" tasks, no, AFAIK. --DD

Correct, that is my misunderstanding too.  Also, I'm defining my <javac> in
a presetdef; I don't think it would work there either.  If we wrap the the
conditions as we add more and more kinds of command line arguments.

Finally, I have a general dislike of the <if>/<then> from ant-contrib; my
build scripts currently don't use it and I try to avoid it if at all
possible.

Rich