ant-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malo...@knipp.de>
Subject Re: Ideas for future directions for Ant
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:42:45 GMT
On 21/02/12 00:01, Bruce Atherton wrote:

> 5. Adding features like:
> a) Identifying ways for Ant to automatically find parts of a build that can be
> run in parallel. This allows taking advantage of multicores for example.
> b) Distributed Ant builds in a cluster or a cloud.
> c) a new build style that is about moving resources from state to state rather
> than just defining targets and tasks.

Hi,

nice to see that in the future three of my four cores will no longer be idle
while compiling ;-)

Maybe it is anything good for: I made a small proposal for extended
parallelism[1] four years ago. But I guess you have more sophisticated
approaches on your drawing board.

Klaus

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-user/200712.mbox/%3C47678E66.6020204%40knipp.de%3E