ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question for a new Apache Ant release
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:11:27 GMT
On 2012-01-11, Felix Mayerhuber wrote:

> The reason is that we use Apache Ant in a course in university where we
> use Ant to compile and launch programs. Since version 1.8.2, Ant
> swallows the commands written to Stdin, so we advise the students to
> install Ant version 1.8.1. But it would be nice to have the newest
> version of Ant also working with our environment.

Understandable 8-)

Honestly, I don't have any idea.  So far nobody has proposed a release
plan.

But you are right, the last release has been made about a year ago, so
maybe it is time to simply release what we have in store.  I'll kick off
a discussion on the dev list sometime later this week.

Stefan