ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Amerige <Steve.Amer...@sas.com>
Subject Re: Filtering Macrodef Elements
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:18:29 GMT
Hi Flossy,

On 1/25/2012 10:00 AM, Scot P. Floess wrote:
> Just at a first glance - one consideration I'd mention is that what you
> list is not syntactically correct XML...  So, I think if you wanted
> something like that you will need to preprocess and convert to an XML that
> can be processed.  Unless that is what you are saying and I've
> misunderstood ;)

Thanks for the reply.  You're right in that the syntax wasn't correct.  Here is the revision:

<target name="myentrypoint">
<!-- ... -->

    <mytokenizer>
       %{mytask} %{myattribute}="%{myvalue}" %{/mytask}
       %{myblockofcode}
    </mytokenizer>

  <!-- ... -->
</target>

The *mytokenizer *task would do substitutions for the %{*/token/*} entries.

The requirement is that the tokenization happen not as a pre-process step, but during the
execution of the *myentrypoint *target.
Compiling code is not available to me.  Changing the requirements I need to live with is not
possible.  I will define the
*mytokenizer *macrodef or scriptdef in the same file as the *myentrypoint *and I can use Ant
1.7, Ant-Contrib, and Groovy code.

I'm trying to figure out how to define *mytokenizer *to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Steve Amerige
SAS Institute, Deployment Software Development