ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Amerige <Steve.Amer...@sas.com>
Subject Filtering Macrodef Elements
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:51:47 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking to filter a macrodef element before it gets interpreted so as to change it's behavior.
 Here's an example of what I'm
talking about:

<target name="myentrypoint">
<mymacro>
<%{mytask} %{myattribute}="%{myvalue}"/>
     %{myblockofcode}
</mymacro>
</target>

In other words, I want the definition of mymacro to do *token substitution *on the (implicit)
element body and then have that
changed body executed.  (The token substitution algorithm, in my case, is not a simple replacement
procedure but requires some more
complex processing, in case that matters to this question.)

Here are my limitations:

1.  My target is being called by some other Ant code.  I do not have any control of what happens
before I'm called, nor can I change
how Ant was invoked or do any compilation.

2. Once in my target, I can use Groovy scriptdefs, Ant-Contrib, and anything that comes with
Ant 1.7.

Can anyone suggest how this might be done?  I did read "Developing with Apache Ant, Writing
Your Own Task
<http://ant.apache.org/manual/develop.html>," but I'm not sure if this helps considering
what I have available to me.  I'm hoping
that since I have Groovy (essentially, Java), that something might still be possible.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Steve Amerige
SAS Institute, Deployment Software Development