ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject derby Classpath issue
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:07:26 GMT
Hello,

I was creating an ANT-task that is using derby.jar as jdbc driver.

I put derby.jar in the front of the classpath of my task.

But every time I tried to reload sth. into my derby database it failed: sth. like "JDBC driver
not found"

Yesterday I found a workaround for my problem:

I moved derby.jar into the classpath of ANT.

And that worked.

My question is Why does it nor work with derby.jar in my tasks classpath, because this is
the solution I prefer?

(As far as I know, ANT creates a new classloader for the new task. It seems that the derby
stuff is only searched in ANTs parent classloader)

Yours

Jürgen

--

Jürgen Knuplesch                    www.icongmbh.de <http://www.icongmbh.de/>

icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275

Sophienstraße 40                    juergen.knuplesch@icongmbh.de

D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann

HRB Stuttgart 17655

USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121