ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Extension Points?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:16:38 GMT

Le 16 déc. 2011 à 21:40, Perrier, Nathan a écrit :

> http://ant.apache.org/manual/targets.html
>

> Anyone have an example of where they found extension points useful?
>

> I have to maintain a fairly large Ant framework, but I'm not quite of a
> good use-case for them.

It helps writing generic build files.
For instance a build file may be responsible to publish some artifact to a maven repository.
This script expects something to be build, and then it do the publish. The expectation here
can be expressed via an extension point "build-artifact".
Then there may be some script to build a jar, with a target "build-jar" for instance.
Finally in the build.xml of your project, you import both files, and bind the "build-jar"
target to the "build-artifact" extension point with the bintargets task.

Nicolas