ant-user mailing list archives

From Emma Burrows <Emma.Burr...@rpharms.com>
Subject RE: Use Ant <modified> with an arbitrary date
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 11:48:20 GMT
Apologies for revisiting this issue a week later. I've finally had a minute to test the following
option you suggested:

> Another approach more in line with your original one is to explicitly
> set update to false on your modified selector during normal builds and
> set it to true when you actually deploy the files.

I don't seem to be able to get this to work. I am using Ant 1.7.1. and I have the following
code:

<copy todir="\content\Test\" includeEmptyDirs="false" failonerror="no">
  <fileset dir="../Output">
    <modified update="false" />
  </fileset>
</copy>

If I understand the process correctly, the cache.properties file that is automatically created
shouldn't be updated when this attribute is set. But it is still updated every time there
are modified files. Should I be doing something more to get this working?

Cheers,

Emma Burrows