ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Cancelling Ant Build in mid-flight?
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:32:16 GMT

I'm not an Eclipse user...but curious...  Have you tried to manually run
your Ant script outside of Eclipse?  I'm wondering if maybe something odd
is happening and you aren't seeing it in Eclipse?

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Rhino wrote:

> I just had an unusual problem. My Ant build stalled in mid-flight with no
> messages or warnings to tell me why. I wanted to simply run it again but
> every time I tried to start it, Eclipse told me that there was already an Ant
> build in progress.
>
> I had no idea how to stop a build which didn't really seem to be running in
> the first place. (I started the build and it seemed fine then went out for a
> few hours and it seems to have stalled shortly after I left.) I tried
> clicking on the red "stop" square but that didn't seem to have cancelled it.
> I terminated it and removed it in the Debug window but that doesn't seem to
> have killed it either. Finally, I got it to die by exiting Eclipse and
> restarting it.
>
> In case this should happen again, what is the right way to kill an Ant build
> in Eclipse?
>
> I'm running Eclipse 2.7 with the native Ant, which is Ant 1.8.2. I'm on
> Windows XP SP2.
>
> --
> Rhino

Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare