ant-user mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <JGeorge...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: difference between unzip task and unzip executable
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 19:20:46 GMT
Just to eliminate any possibility of file handle closure, disk I/O flushing, etc. I put the
<unzip> in a separate target that only does the unzip, ran that target by itself, and
then ran ant a second time for the javadoc target and it still fails. I don't understand what
the problem can be when everything says the contents of the files are identical. Even if I
use the <unzip> task to put the contents of src.zip in the 'src' folder that my source
code is in, there's no javadoc inheritance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Georgeson [mailto:JGeorgeson@lgc.com]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:35 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: difference between unzip task and unzip executable

I'm trying to get javadoc inheritance working from JDK classes, and what I'm finding is if
I use

<unzip src="${env.JAVA_HOME}/src.zip dest="${env.BUILD_DIR}/docs/jdk"/>

in my Ant target, the javadoc task ignores that sourcepath entry because it doesn't contain
any packages matching my packagenames parameter (running with -verbose says it "doesn't contain
any packages, dropping it"). If I run 'unzip -d ${BUILD_DIR}/docs/jdk ${JAVA_HOME}/src.zip'
in the shell before running Ant (and the target just assumes the folder is there) everything
works right. I've run a 'diff -qr' on the result of both unzip methods and no differences
are found, even 'rsync -acv' says they're the same