ant-user mailing list archives

From Rhino <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: AW: Cancelling Ant Build in mid-flight?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:59:01 GMT

  Hello Juergen,

You're right, I'm not using Eclipse 2.7. I'm actually using 3.7 at the
moment, although I've been using Eclipse for years and have used much
older versions of it in previous years. The '2.7' was just a typo that I
missed. Sorry about that.

I was not running anything other than the build script in Eclipse during
the time I had the problem that I described. I certainly had other
programs running on the computer but I can't think of anything that was
running outside of Eclipse that would have been a problem. I think I
just had my email and a few browser tabs open.

I was just surprised to find my build stuck. It apparently had moved
beyond a certain point for several hours while I was out. The point
where it stalled was during an FTP task so, even if the connection to
the server had been lost, I would have expected the FTP task to detect
that and react with an error message but there was nothing at all. I was
also concerned that Eclipse didn't detect that something was wrong after
so long; it seemed to think that the build was still running normally.
Even after I hit the Stop button on the console and killed the task in
the Debug window, it still didn't recognize that the build was not
running any more. I had assumed that Eclipse could monitor its own tasks
better than that.

But I'm not in a panic about this. After stopping and starting Eclipse,
everything seemed fine again so I'm not going to spend more time on this
unless it becomes a problem again.

--
Rhino

On 2011-11-21 02:44, Knuplesch, Juergen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Best hint: Maybe you had a few programs in Eclipse started. To really stop your Ant Task
you have to make sure, that you stop the correct console.

> I use Eclipse Indigo (3.7) and before I used 3.6 and 3.5.
> I use it every day and I cannot remember to see such an effect.
> But anyway stopping and starting Eclipse is not unusual for me in many circumstances
(There are days when Eclipse drives me crazy...).