ant-user mailing list archives

From Rhino <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Cancelling Ant Build in mid-flight?
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 04:33:40 GMT

  I just had an unusual problem. My Ant build stalled in mid-flight with
no messages or warnings to tell me why. I wanted to simply run it again
but every time I tried to start it, Eclipse told me that there was
already an Ant build in progress.

I had no idea how to stop a build which didn't really seem to be running
in the first place. (I started the build and it seemed fine then went
out for a few hours and it seems to have stalled shortly after I left.)
I tried clicking on the red "stop" square but that didn't seem to have
cancelled it. I terminated it and removed it in the Debug window but
that doesn't seem to have killed it either. Finally, I got it to die by
exiting Eclipse and restarting it.

In case this should happen again, what is the right way to kill an Ant
build in Eclipse?

I'm running Eclipse 2.7 with the native Ant, which is Ant 1.8.2. I'm on
Windows XP SP2.

--
Rhino