ant-user mailing list archives

From Emma Burrows <Emma.Burr...@rpharms.com>
Subject RE: Use Ant <modified> with an arbitrary date
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:15:19 GMT
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
> You could copy the files that represent a version to some cache
> directory and use the different selector to select the files that are
> different from the ones inside the cache.
<snip>
> Another approach more in line with your original one is to explicitly
> set update to false on your modified selector during normal builds and
> set it to true when you actually deploy the files.

Thank you very much for those suggestions. The variations on <modified> that you suggest
are exactly what I was looking for and should work well - provided I can trust myself not
to accidentally run a deployment build mid-week! :*) On the other hand, the first approach
sounds pretty safe since it just involves comparing the files to the existing archive. Either
way, it sounds as if I'll be able to save my colleagues some build time by issuing content
"patches".

Thanks,

Emma Burrows