ant-user mailing list archives

From Emma Burrows <Emma.Burr...@rpharms.com>
Subject RE: Use Ant <modified> with an arbitrary date
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:48:21 GMT
Thank you for the response. Sorry, I should probably have anticipated that response by expanding
more thoroughly on exactly what happens. :)

The files are all generated at the same time, whether they have been modified or not. As I
am constantly tweaking the conversion process, these files are generated and date-stamped
at any point during the week - so every single file will always have a date stamp later than
last Thursday. But I only want to upload the ones which are actually different than the version
in the last build.

Actually, come to think of it, the date is probably a bit of a red herring. I suppose what
I really need is some process to say "this is the last 'build version'" (a cache of checksums
collected at a given point in time for instance?), and then to say "copy over only the files
which aren't identical to the last 'build version'". This would also allow for us having to
re-run the CMS build more than once during the week but still load all the files that changed
since the last milestone build as it were.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: 29 November 2011 09:54
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Use Ant <modified> with an arbitrary date

On 2011-11-29, Emma Burrows wrote:

> So I was wondering if there was some way of using <modified>'s
> cache-based approach to only copy the files that have been modified
> since a given date/time like "17.00 last Thursday" instead of "last
> time this script was run".

This is a job for the date selector rather than the modified selector.
Since this one is purely based on last modified dates you wouldn't need
to calculate hashes and cache them anyway.

You may need some coding to calculate the date to pass in.  <tstamp> may
help but this probably becomes brittle pretty soon.

Stefan