ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use Ant <modified> with an arbitrary date
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:53:38 GMT
On 2011-11-29, Emma Burrows wrote:

> So I was wondering if there was some way of using <modified>'s
> cache-based approach to only copy the files that have been modified
> since a given date/time like "17.00 last Thursday" instead of "last
> time this script was run".

This is a job for the date selector rather than the modified selector.
Since this one is purely based on last modified dates you wouldn't need
to calculate hashes and cache them anyway.

You may need some coding to calculate the date to pass in.  <tstamp> may
help but this probably becomes brittle pretty soon.

Stefan