ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Amerige <Steve.Amer...@sas.com>
Subject Re: Checking if a Target Exists
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 14:27:19 GMT
Hi Vimil,

Thanks for the feedback.  Any specifics on just how to do what you mention (even if untested)?

Thanks again,
Steve Amerige
SAS Institute, Deployment Software Development

On 11/3/2011 9:55 AM, Vimil Saju wrote:
> I think you can use the scriptdef task to do this. You can write a script within the
scriptdef object to access the methods of the project object. The project object has methods
to list the targets defined under the project, which you can use to test if a given target
exists.
> Btw antcall does not launch a new jvm, it only reloads the build.xml.

a generic solution that doesn't rely any knowledge of the target name to be checked.  It is
not possible to modify the target code.  And, I'd like to avoid any solutions that cause the
entire JVM to be loaded (e.g., as with antcall).