ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Amerige <Steve.Amer...@sas.com>
Subject Checking if a Target Exists
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:52:48 GMT
Hi all,

I want to be able to check if a target exists and hope you can help.  I'm looking for a generic
solution that doesn't rely any
knowledge of the target name to be checked.  It is not possible to modify the target code.
 And, I'd like to avoid any solutions
that cause the entire JVM to be loaded (e.g., as with antcall).

My environment is Ant 1.7 and allows for the use of Ant-Contrib and Groovy.

Any ideas on how to do this?  Even better, any solutions anyone have to share?!

Thanks,
Steve Amerige
SAS Institute, Deployment Software Development