ant-user mailing list archives

From "Perrier, Nathan" <nperr...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: Windows Network Path
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 20:08:56 GMT
It does work with value, but the build framework we have is very large and highly configurable,
which means any property could potentially be overridden.

I would have to use value anywhere that a property is being set in the value attribute, since
location would resolve to something that might break the build.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:milu71@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 3:05 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Windows Network Path

Perrier, Nathan schrieb am 03.11.2011 um 14:55 (-0400):
> Is there a way to specify a windows network share via the property
> task?
>
> <property name="shared_path" location="\\sharedir"/>
>
> This actually will evaluated to an absolute path relative to the
> basedir:
>
> [echoproperties] shared_path=N\:\\ant\\build\\shared_path

Don't remember if the UNC path works or doesn't. In cases where it
doesn't you can map the UNC path to a drive letter using the Windows
SUBST command, just type SUBST /? in cmd.exe. That will work in some
cases where UNC doesn't. You could run a cmd.exe/SUBST from Ant …

> I can use value="\\sharedir", but intuitively I thought to use the
> "location" attribute...

So does it work using value with the UNC path? If so why not just
use that?
--
Michael Ludwig