ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: Cancelling Ant Build in mid-flight?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:44:52 GMT
Hello,

Best hint: Maybe you had a few programs in Eclipse started. To really stop your Ant Task you
have to make sure, that you stop the correct console.

I use Eclipse Indigo (3.7) and before I used 3.6 and 3.5.
I use it every day and I cannot remember to see such an effect.
But anyway stopping and starting Eclipse is not unusual for me in many circumstances (There
are days when Eclipse drives me crazy...).
So this would not bother me, just surprise, and after a restart everythings fine.

Do you really use 2.7? This seems to be a very old Eclipse!!

---
J├╝rgen

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rhino [mailto:rhino1@sympatico.ca]
Gesendet: Samstag, 19. November 2011 05:34
An: ant-user
Betreff: Cancelling Ant Build in mid-flight?

  I just had an unusual problem. My Ant build stalled in mid-flight with
no messages or warnings to tell me why. I wanted to simply run it again
but every time I tried to start it, Eclipse told me that there was
already an Ant build in progress.

I had no idea how to stop a build which didn't really seem to be running
in the first place. (I started the build and it seemed fine then went
out for a few hours and it seems to have stalled shortly after I left.)
I tried clicking on the red "stop" square but that didn't seem to have
cancelled it. I terminated it and removed it in the Debug window but
that doesn't seem to have killed it either. Finally, I got it to die by
exiting Eclipse and restarting it.

In case this should happen again, what is the right way to kill an Ant
build in Eclipse?

I'm running Eclipse 2.7 with the native Ant, which is Ant 1.8.2. I'm on
Windows XP SP2.

--
Rhino