ant-user mailing list archives

From "Holman, Chris" <Chris.Hol...@bskyb.com>
Subject RE: How do I get a property treated as a value rather than a location?
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:54:47 GMT
You could use this:

<mkdir dir="${basedir}${mytest.dir}" />

Regards,
Chris Holman
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrisdholman

-----Original Message-----
From: twiddle-dee12 [mailto:harold.thurnstein@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 October 2011 10:51
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: How do I get a property treated as a value rather than a location?

Hi,

I'm not a particularly strong user of ant so please bear with me. Is there a
way of getting a property in a property file treated as a value rather than
a location? For example, I have the following:

build.property:
mytest.dir="/tmp/jon"

build.xml:
.
.
.
<property file="build.property" />
.
.
.
<target name="fred">
  <mkdir dir="${mytest.dir}" />
</target>

The directory ${mytest.dir} will be created where I am running the ant
script from (in an eclipse workspace) rather than in /tmp. If I declare the
property in the build.xml then I get the behaviour I desire - but that seems
to be a bit kludgy,

Harold.

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is
intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but
the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute,
store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right
to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the
SKY marks are trade marks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and are used under licence.
British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky Interactive Limited (Registration
No. 3554332), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services
Limited (Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky Broadcasting
Group plc (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are
incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth,
Middlesex TW7 5QD.