ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steele, Richard" <r...@steelezone.net>
Subject Re: ProjectHelper2 fails to close input source after parsing imported document?
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:18:51 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Steele, Richard <rich@steelezone.net>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>wrote:
>
> You could try using a different XML parser (Saxon's AElfred, maybe).
>>

> I might do that just to prove my analysis, but I was hoping to avoid having
> to require everyone to use an extension to Ant.

Sigh.  Another yak shaving exercise.

I tried AElfred but it fails during the Ivy xml parsing because it's not a
validating parser.  I also tried the latest version of Xerces because the
release notes specifically mention a fix for leaking file descriptors.  In
fact, some code appears in the newer version of XMLEntityManager to close
the reader.  I had to build locally with debug enabled (why do they release
it without debug?) but unfortunately the new version doesn't fix my problem.

I think I've convinced myself that there will always be some kind of issue
trying to delete jars that were (once) needed from a classpath, especially
on Windows, so I'm going to take a different approach: copy the artifacts I
need to a temp dir and classload them from there and never clean them up.

Thanks for your help and sympathy.  :-)

Rich