ant-user mailing list archives

From Rhino <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Target Execution Sequence
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:24:28 GMT

On 2011-10-31 04:44, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM, Rhino<rhino1@sympatico.ca>  wrote:
>>   I'm having a perplexing problem and I'm hoping someone here can help me
>> understand whatever I'm missing. I was moderately fluent with Ant at one
>> point but I've been away from it a  while and have probably just forgotten
>> some fundamental that I need to know.
>> [...]
>> In reality, the booleans are being seen by the program that generates the
>> document as true regardless of what has been done with the AntForm.
>> Therefore, all three special paragraphs always appear in the document even
>> when I've asked for some or all of them to be omitted.
> Haven't looked at the build you included later, but just in case it's
> a lucky guess, remember that some "conditionals" in Ant only look at
> whether a property is set, rather than its actual value (true or
> false, 0, or 1, etc...).
Right, I seem to remember that....
> For example<target name="..." if="foo"/>,
> will execute if property "foo" is *set*, to whatever. This is
> typically worked around by using<target name="..." depends="test-foo"
> if="foo-is-true?"/>  with<target name="test-foo">  <condition
> (WARNING: untested code). This works because is target's dependencies
> are always evaluated before itself (if these dependencies haven't been
> already satisfied/evaluated). Hope this helps. --DD

Sorry, I'm not following your example. Which of those things are you
putting on which tasks?

Also, please see my reply to Patrick's suggestion. Perhaps you can shed
some light on the underlying problem of why my edited source file is not
being seen by the main program that uses it.

--
Rhino