ant-user mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject Possible reasons for failing to find XJC task class
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:24:17 GMT
I work with two groups who are both importing a build script written by our team.  The imported
build script has a "taskdef" to define the "xjc2" task, using "com.sun.tools.xjc.XJCTask".
 Below that, there is a target that references the "xjc2" task.

The taskdef looks like this:

	<taskdef name="xjc2" classname="com.sun.tools.xjc.XJCTask">
		<classpath>
			<fileset dir="${basedir}/libtest" includes="*.jar" />
		</classpath>
	</taskdef>

The "basedir" property is set to ".".  the "libtest" directory has "jaxb-xjc.jar", which has
the XJCTask class.

There are two builds that both import this build script.  One is using JDK 1.5.  The other
is using JDK 1.6.  The former is working fine.  The latter is failing with:

    "taskdef class com.sun.tools.xjc.XJCTask cannot be found"

I'm somewhat concerned that the taskdef is defined at the global level of the build script,
as opposed to within the referencing target or a dependent target, but I don't know if it
matters.

Both builds are using Ant 1.7.0.

Any reasonable ideas?