ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Amerige <Steve.Amer...@sas.com>
Subject Re: <copy/> does not "preservelastmodified" on directories.
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:53:36 GMT
Hi Cyril and all,

I'm wondering if the <zip> task might get you what you're looking for.  Although, I'm
baffled over the the statement that "Zip
archives store file modification times with a granularity of two seconds."  You're kidding,
right?  :-)  The roundup attribute
doesn't fix this issue, it just changes the badness from one form to another.

The <tar> task doesn't mention the 2-second granularity problem, but even with <tarfileset>,
the documentation seems to imply that
it damages the modes (see the filemode and dirmode attributes).

When I get a chance, I'll test these.

Enjoy,
Steve Amerige
SAS Institute, Deployment Software Development