ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPE thrown from ProjectHelper2.parse() when parsing from URL
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:48:08 GMT
Hi Rich

On 2011-09-28, Steele, Richard wrote:

> The problem appears to be that build files will have a parent build file,
> but in this case that's null.

> Setting the basedir attribute in the build file does fix the problem, and I
> can use it as a workaround for now.  But since I can't always depend on that
> being set I need to know if is this a Bug or a Feature?  If the former I'll
> submit a bug report.

I'm pretty sure I recall this being discussed on the dev list, so it is
something the dev community is aware of.  ProjectHelper2 still mostly
deals with files only, URL support is largely there for antlibs and
import/include.

Despite some searching around I couldn't find any documentation of this
fact, though, so you may want to raise a bug against the Documentation
component.

Stefan