ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Ant not respecting JAVA_HOME
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:20:21 GMT
Brian FitzGerald <> wrote on 23/08/2011 10:41:12:

> I wrote a little .bat file (my first one, hence the ignorance),
> but it closes and opens before I can see the output to confirm there are
> errors.  This is what it looks like:
> pause
> cd C:\AntTest
> set JAVA_HOME=C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_23
> Ant
> pause

Don't run the .bat file by double clicking on it. Open a cmd window and
type the name of the .bat file at the prompt. Then you will get
all the output in the cmd window, which wont disappear.

You may need to use the full path to the .bat file or add its location
to your PATH so it can be found. If it is in the current directory
you can run it using .\test.bat (or whatever it is called)

Hope that they helps

Andy Ling

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not
an intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and then delete
it;  do not copy, distribute, or take any action based on this e-mail. In
the pursuit of its legitimate business activities and its conformance with
relevant legislation, Quantel may access any e-mail (including
attachments) it originates or receives, for potential scrutiny.

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.
Registration No: 4004913
Contact details for all Quantel Offices and Companies can be found on our
website or by writing to the holding company.
Registered address: Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NX, United

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message