ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Bruss <>
Subject RE: Mail task on Target failure
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:38:00 GMT
You could let the build go if an exec fails and store the result in an xml file. Then at the
end check all the results and if one is non-zero fail after sending mail.

To sum up, store the results of your tasks and check them all at the end. Send mail and then
use the <fail> task if you need to fail the build.

Adam Bruss
Senior Development Engineer
AWR Corporation
11520 N. Port Washington Rd., Suite 201
Mequon, WI  53092  USA
P: x104

-----Original Message-----
From: vino_hymi []
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 4:02 AM
Subject: Mail task on Target failure

I have ant project where there is set of targets. After successful
completion of all targets I call mail target at the end to send a mail with
attached logs with message build successful.

Now, my challenge is if one of the target fails then build exits so it will
not proceed to mail target which is the last one to perform on completion of
all. How can I use mail target to send mail on any target failure?

Any hints?

-Vinodh Kumar

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: