ant-user mailing list archives

From "Holman, Chris" <Chris.Hol...@bskyb.com>
Subject Problems using properties containing multiple dollar signs.
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:04:21 GMT
This ant script snippet:
      &lt;property name="lineOfTestLine" value="$ $$ $$$ $$$$ $$$$$ $$$$$$" /&gt;
      &lt;echo message="${lineOfTestLine}" /&gt;

Prints out:
     [echo] $ $ $$ $$ $$$ $$$

I think its related to this PropertyExpander definition
org.apache.tools.ant.PropertyHelper.SKIP_DOUBLE_DOLLAR

Is there any way round this?

OBJECTIVE:
I'm trying to use an ant-contrib for loop to parse each line of a file.
Some of these lines contain double dollars in the text, but param attribute is being munged
by this PropertyExpander.

Regards,
Chris Holman

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is
intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but
the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute,
store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right
to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the
SKY marks are trade marks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and are used under licence.
British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky Interactive Limited (Registration
No. 3554332), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services
Limited (Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky Broadcasting
Group plc (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are
incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth,
Middlesex TW7 5QD.