ant-user mailing list archives

From Julien LF <>
Subject Performance of fileset containing a large number of files
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:41:34 GMT

I am facing the same "problem" as mentioned in this thread dating of 2006:

That is, I'm using ant to build a tar archive of a directory
containing 100,000+ files, and the operation is much slower than when
simply doing it on the command-line (42 minutes vs 5 minutes).

>From what I understand most of the time is spent building the fileset
before actually writing to the destination file. Is there any way to
improve this performance?
So far my option would be to use an exec task running the tar command
instead of a tar task. Has any of you faced this problem or have a
better idea?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message