ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: variable number of link element in javadoc
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:16:10 GMT
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Shawn Castrianni
<Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com> wrote:
> When using fileset, I sometimes need to programmatically set my includes at build time.
 Therefore, I use the includes attribute on fileset allowing me to build up a list of includes
separated by commas into an ANT property and then use it.  I need to do something similar
for javadoc with my links to external javadocs.  How can I set my links in a programmatic
way so that it can change at build time depending on what module I am generating javadocs
for?  I am trying to find out if there is something out there before I go and extend the
javadoc task.  Thanks.

>From the doc, the link/linkoffline <javadoc> attributes seem to only
accept a single url (or url pair), and you have to resort to nested
<link> child elements if you need several (which I suspect is your
case), so I can't see how you could achieve programmatic control over
those via a <property> dereference like you can with <fileset>.

In the old days I created a doc-specific build that generated
cross-linked Javadocs for all DecisionSpace modules, driven by the
buildtools/artifacts.xml file, but I doubt this is still going after 5
years. I think I was generating the build via XSLT and the dependency
information from artifacts.xml, so I suppose you could go that route
as well (i.e. generate a module-specific build-javadoc.xml build file,
and <ant> into it), although locally extending <javadoc> to support
new links / linksoffline with a simple formatting (JSON?) might be
easier.

--DD