ant-user mailing list archives

From Vaclav Barta <v...@comp.cz>
Subject java task reformats build.xml
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 06:20:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm writing a Web Service client (with Axis2 1.6.0), using Ant (1.8.1,
packaged by Gentoo) and noticing that Ant not only reads build.xml, but writes
it back, discarding my whitespace and triggering a warning from my editor. The
behavior is 100% reproducible - build.xml with just a basic compilation task
is left alone, but running WSDL2Java (see the attached build.xml for a minimal
example) causes a rewrite. Making build.xml read-only prevents the change (and
the build itself works), but it must be done before starting Ant. I suppose I
could live with that, but it's nagging me :-) - what business does Ant have
writing my build.xml, and is there any way to stop it?

	Bye
		Vasek
--
http://www.mangrove.cz/