ant-user mailing list archives

From Ego <m47841-mailingli...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: Newbie: <javac> task can't find my source files
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:30:33 GMT

Woah, thanks Scot! That's a FAST reply, and a good one I think.
If nothing else, it helped me to rule out some possible causes of error.

To answer your question, I intend to collect my buildfiles in a separate folder, sibling to
the projects root, and that's the current dir when I fire "ant". I see your point - I thought
myself this could be a potential source of troubles.

are interpreting correctly the path specified in ${src.dir}, even when ant is issued from
a different location, like I do. Even more strange, <javac> itself points to the same
path of the above tasks:

<echo message = "Looking for source files in ${src.dir}"/>

returns

Looking for source files in ../projects/modules/src

Nevertheless the task fails.
I'm starting to doubt the effectiveness of the <include> selectors or worse, a design
bug in the  <javac> Ant task when it comes to resolve absolute paths.

Anyway, even placing build.xml in the root dir (editing build.properties accordingly) and
setting

project's property

basedir="."

hasn't helped to fix the problem, so there must be some other explanation.

Bye
Johnny