ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Copy a file from an smb network location to a local one
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:20:16 GMT

I've done a bit of googling - I'm not finding anything useful for you...
The get task looks to support things like ftp, http - definitely from the
description of the task "Any URL schema supported by the runtime is valid
here, including http:, ftp: and jar:"

I'm guessing you are on *nix?  If you are on a Linux box, try installing
smb-client packages.  There is an app called smbget, you can probably just
<exec> that...  Personally, if you go that route, I'd wrap the call in a
macrodef for reuse ;)

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Josh Williams wrote:

> I know I can use get if i want to copy the file from a specific location but
> the location i want to use at the moment is smb://excel/...
> For example if I go on to Ubuntu's window's explorer and choose to go to
> smb://excel the folder opens just fine!
> Whenever I try to run the script using ant though I am getting an error
> saying that smb is an unknown protocol! Any ideas?
>
> --

Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare