ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Equivalent: <ant
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:07:02 GMT
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Perrier, Nathan <nperrier@ptc.com> wrote:
> Agreed, I try to use antcall as little as possible.  It also tends to
> eat up memory if you have a ton of antcall tasks in a large build
> framework.

Yep. Large builds tend to be hierarchical and I used lots of <subant>,
which forks new Ant instances, avoiding the EOMs one can run into with
<antcall>.

> Macrodefs are a nice substitute, but they really need an "if/else"
> attribute.  I find that I often have targets that are just wrappers for
> macrodef or use antcontrib's if/else tasks to accomplish this.

Indeed built-in Ant lacks such conditionals. I also used <ac:if> and
co. initially, and later a custom <bm:sequential> such supported
attributes like if/ifTrue/ifSet/unless/os/when for conditional
support. It's been a long discussion to support those in Ant which so
far always resulted in keeping the status-co in this regard. --DD