ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Syntax for Names: target, property, macrodef, etc.
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:42:54 GMT
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Dominique Devienne
<ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Steve Amerige <Steve.Amerige@sas.com> wrote:
>>> I'm looking for the authoritative specification within Ant for the value of the
name attribute
>> PS: Also keep in mind that property expansion does occurs inside these
>> names, but I assume you mean the names after expansion.
>
> Hmmm, I believe that's wrong on second thought.
>
> Target names are not expanded I now recall, and it's probably the same
> for property and macro names.

A property name would be expanded as in <property name="value.${foo}"
value="bar" />.  I never thought about macrodefs, and I don't think we
have any generic way to call a macro defined in such a fashion (though
ISTR having played with such at some point long ago), but I think it
*would* be expanded.

Matt