ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Amerige <Steve.Amer...@sas.com>
Subject Syntax for Names: target, property, macrodef, etc.
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:51:27 GMT
I'm looking for the authoritative specification within Ant for the value of the name attribute
as in:

<property name="xxx" .../>
<macrodef name="xxx" ...>
<target name="xxx" ...>

and so forth.  I can't find within the Ant manual any BNF that defines what a valid name is
allowed to be.

I do see:

     http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/datatypes.html#NMTOKEN

However, without the Ant manual explicitly telling me that this is something that applies
to the name value for property, macrodef,
target, etc., I can't be 100% sure.  Maybe property allows for one syntax.  Maybe macrodef
allows for another.

Is there a BNF description of the Ant language anywhere?
Can anyone help me to understand authoritatively what is allowed for name values and where
in the Ant manual or specification I can
read more?

Many thanks for any assistance!

Best regards,
Steve Amerige
SAS Institute, Deployment Software Development