ant-user mailing list archives

From "P.N." <peter.nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Ant 1.8.2] Bug in regexpmapper?
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 08:28:34 GMT
Thank You for the answer!
However, I'm finding the property to be set by this expression:
   <dirname property="nb_all" file="${ant.file.default-properties}/.."/>

So Ant can know, it's a filename property, while it's not a nice
practise to ask first for the OS to convert the filename in a second
step - e.g. windows file names can contain spaces without escaping,
while I've not yet seen this on Linux (seems to need escaping for spaces
and other special characters).

Because of this, IMHO the backslashes in the filename should be handled
by Ant.

Kind regards

Peter

Henk van Voorthuijsen schrieb:
> The "\n" in "C:\nb\main" is interpreted as a newline character. Try using forward slashes
- that works even on Windows.

> Henk van Voorthuijsen
>
> On May 4, 2011, at 12:36 PM, P.N. wrote:
>

>> Hello!
>>
>> I've trieb to build NetBeans form source and got this error message:
>>
>>     C:\nb\main\nbbuild\build.xml:1408:
>>     java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Illegal/unsupported escape
>>     sequence near index 6
>>     C:\nb\main/(.*)$
>>             at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Pattern.java:1804)
>>             at java.util.regex.Pattern.escape(Pattern.java:2284)
>>             at java.util.regex.Pattern.atom(Pattern.java:2044)
>>
>>     The relevant piece of code:
>>     <pathconvert property="source.dirs" pathsep="," refid="source.dirset">
>>     <regexpmapper from="${nb_all}/(.*)$" to="\1/**/*" handledirsep="yes"/>
>>     </pathconvert>
>>
>> As ${nb_all} is "C:\nb\main", Ant should know it has to handle the whole string,
but the error position is that of the second backslash.