ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding UTF-8 and property files
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 18:11:31 GMT
Works for me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<project name="test" default="foo">
     <target name="foo">
         <loadproperties srcFile="foo.properties" encoding="iso-8859-1"/>
         <echo message="[${foo.property}]"/>
         <echo file="test.txt" message="${foo.property}"/>
     </target>
</project>



foo:
      [echo] [Test ế]



On Fri, 27 May 2011, Rob J wrote:

> This is on a Unix box, there is no BOM in foo.properties.
>
> I just added the BOM to the file:
>
> hitman@bigdog ~/t$ file foo.properties
> foo.properties: UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) text
> hitman@bigdog ~/t$ ant foo
> Buildfile: /Users/hitman/t/build.xml
>
> foo:
>
> BUILD SUCCESSFUL
> Total time: 0 seconds
> hitman@bigdog ~/t$ cat test.txt
> Test ?
>
> Same thing.
>
> Any other ideas?  Thanks for the help sofar.
>
> Rob
>
> On Fri, 27 May 2011, Echlin, Robert wrote:
>
>> Hi Rob,
>> Maybe you need to start the file with the Byte Order Mark?
>> This is apparently more likely if you are on Windows.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8#Byte_order_mark
>>
>> Rob
>>
>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Rob J [mailto:rob@dcsportbikes.net]
>>> Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 12:03 PM
>>> To: user@ant.apache.org
>>> Subject: Question regarding UTF-8 and property files
>>>
>>> So I'm having an issue with UTF-8 and property files.  Given
>>> the test build.xml file:
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>>> <project name="test">
>>>   <target name="foo">
>>>     <loadproperties srcFile="foo.properties" encoding="utf-8"/>
>>>     <echo file="test.txt" encoding="utf-8" message="${foo.property}"/>
>>>   </target>
>>> </project>
>>>
>>> and the file foo.properties:
>>>
>>> #foo.propert=Test ế
>>> foo.property=Test \u1EBF
>>>
>>> When I run ant (1.8.2) for this target and look in test.txt, I see:
>>>
>>> Test ?
>>>
>>> every time.  It is not interpreting the utf-8 character
>>> properly and therefore is not putting it into my project
>>> properly.  I've tried both the raw utf-8 character in the
>>> file as well as the \uXXXX encoded version.  Both are the same.
>>>
>>> Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong with this?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> rob
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org For
>>> additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>
>

Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare

Mime
View raw message