ant-user mailing list archives

From Rob J <...@dcsportbikes.net>
Subject Question regarding UTF-8 and property files
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 16:03:23 GMT
So I'm having an issue with UTF-8 and property files.  Given the test
build.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<project name="test">
  <target name="foo">
    <loadproperties srcFile="foo.properties" encoding="utf-8"/>
    <echo file="test.txt" encoding="utf-8" message="${foo.property}"/>
  </target>
</project>

and the file foo.properties:

#foo.propert=Test ế
foo.property=Test \u1EBF

When I run ant (1.8.2) for this target and look in test.txt, I see:

Test ?

every time.  It is not interpreting the utf-8 character properly and therefore
is not putting it into my project properly.  I've tried both the raw utf-8
character in the file as well as the \uXXXX encoded version.  Both are the
same.

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong with this?

thanks,
rob