ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: How can I check if file exists in gz compress file?
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 09:03:08 GMT
You could alternatively try to untar just the file you want to check.
This might result in a build failure, that you can catch with antcontrib

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ben Tu [mailto:benztu@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Mai 2011 18:09
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: How can I check if file exists in gz compress file?

Hi,

Is there a task in Ant that I can check if the file exists in myfile.tar.gz
file without extracting it?

Here is the content of myfile.tar.gz after extracted.

Dir1/

   fileA

   fileB

dir2/

   fileC

I want to check if fileC exists in myfile.tar.gz without extracting
myfile.tar.gz. is there such a task in Ant for this purpose?

thanks, Ben