ant-user mailing list archives

From Parag Doke <parag.doke+tec...@gmail.com>
Subject Weird observation with echoxml w.r.t. order of node text
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 16:10:59 GMT
Hello ant experts.
I am trying to use the echoxml task in ant (1.7 / 1.8) but have
observed a weird thing about the node text. Here is my project file
===
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="test" default="test">
    <target name="test">
        <echoxml file="test_output.xml">
<root>
    <child>text inside the child node</child>
    text outside the child node
</root>
        </echoxml>
    </target>
</project>
===
What I can see in the test_output.xml is:
===
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
</root>

===
Notice that the "text outside the child node" appears before the child
node itself, though it was after the child node in the original input
to echoxml task.
My actual intent was to generate a tiny XHTML page.With the order
uncertain, I don't know how to go about it.
Has anyone else observed the same ? If yes, is there something wrong
in the way I am expecting it to work ?

Thanks in advance for any inputs,
Parag Doke
Save paper, save trees. Do not print emails/documents unless
absolutely necessary.