ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steele, Richard" <>
Subject Loading resource or property files embedded in jar file that distributes shared build files?
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:09:41 GMT
I've created a reusable set of build files using the technique I outlined at
This technique relies heavily on Ant 1.8 importing files from the classpath
rather than from a file.

An issue I've run into, however, is how would my reusable build files (the
ones embedded in the jar file) load a properties file or resource from that
shared jar file?  It doesn't appear that by default either <properties
resource=""> or <loadresource> has access to resources that are in the
originating jar file.  I'd specify the classpath but--what would that be?

I've tinkered with writing a script or custom task to help me figure out how
to get the classpath (or classloader, for that matter) that corresponds to
the source jar file, but without any luck.