ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weird observation with echoxml w.r.t. order of node text
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 21:18:30 GMT
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So yeah, I'm afraid it's by design... A proper <echoxml> was need
>> access to the full infoset provided by the parser, and thus require
>> deeper changes into Ant core to provide that infoset. --DD
>
> EchoXML has, I'm afraid, been a largely unsuccessful experiment.
> Experience has proven it fit only for simple tasks.  Strangely, I
> thought *I* authored it, but you're welcome to take the blame, DD!  :)

You totally did Matt! Sorry. See [1].

I confused echoXML with XMLFragment [2], which underpins it and
predates it by a few months.

This was all a long time ago! --DD

[1] https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/ant?cs=278356
[2] https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/ant?cs=275702

 	 	 	67	/**
 	 	 	68	 * Use this class as a nested element if you want to get a literal DOM
 	 	 	69	 * fragment of something nested into your task/type.
 	 	 	70	 *
 	 	 	71	 * <p>This is useful for tasks that want to deal with the "real" XML
 	 	 	72	 * from the build file instead of objects.</p>
 	 	 	73	 *
 	 	 	74	 * <p>Code heavily influenced by code written by Dominique
Devienne.</p>
 	 	 	75	 *
 	 	 	76	 * @since Ant 1.7
 	 	 	77	 */
 	 	 	78	public class XMLFragment implements DynamicConfigurator {