ant-user mailing list archives

From Parag Doke <parag.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weird observation with echoxml w.r.t. order of node text
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:56:16 GMT
Thank you Dominique, Matt & Michael for your responses.

For the time being I simply wrapped the text inside <span></span> tags
(since I'm trying to generate a time html file). I did not have any
special styles for the spans in the document, so this serves my
purpose for now.

I will look into details of the xslt task and check if I can provide
the xsl(t?) instructions inline with the build.xml. If that isn't
doable, then will place them in an adjacent external .xsl file and use
it using ${basedir}.

Thanks once again,
Parag Doke
Save paper, save trees. Do not print emails/documents unless
absolutely necessary.

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So yeah, I'm afraid it's by design... A proper <echoxml> was need
>>> access to the full infoset provided by the parser, and thus require
>>> deeper changes into Ant core to provide that infoset. --DD
>>
>> EchoXML has, I'm afraid, been a largely unsuccessful experiment.
>> Experience has proven it fit only for simple tasks.  Strangely, I
>> thought *I* authored it, but you're welcome to take the blame, DD!  :)
>
> You totally did Matt! Sorry. See [1].
>
> I confused echoXML with XMLFragment [2], which underpins it and
> predates it by a few months.
>
> This was all a long time ago! --DD
>
> [1] https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/ant?cs=278356
> [2] https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/ant?cs=275702
>
>                        67      /**
>                        68       * Use this class as a nested element if
you want to get a literal DOM
>                        69       * fragment of something nested into your
task/type.
>                        70       *
>                        71       * <p>This is useful for tasks that
want to deal with the "real" XML