ant-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: ant -v
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 05:11:50 GMT

If I call 1, why is it printing info about 2 by default, how does 2 affect 1?:
ant 1 -v

Complete build sequence is [1, 2, ]

<target name="2"/>
<target name="1"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Michael Ludwig []
Sent: 19 April 2011 19:45
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: ant -v schrieb am 19.04.2011 um 15:29 (+0000):
> Hi,
> If I run ant -v it prints every target defined which is massive, can I
> hide that in verbose mode?
> Complete build sequence is [...]

The build sequence is part of both -v and -d, the latter being more verbose than the former.

You can try other loggers and even build your custom logger and instruct Ant to use it by
supplying the -logger command line option.

You can set such options via the ANT_ARGS environment variable.

First I thought, strange, there is no config file. But I researched this topic, and turns
out there is.

On POSIX, you can set ANT_ARGS in ~/.antrc so it'll be sourced automatically by the Ant launcher

On Windows, it is a bit more complicated: you need two files in order not to pollute the environment:

:: type C:\Users\MiLu\antrc_pre.bat
set ANT_ARGS=-logger mein.phantastischer.Logger

:: type C:\Users\MiLu\antrc_post.bat

Also, see this thread:

AW: antrc & ant.conf files

Michael Ludwig

To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message